Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Girlfriend claims Zimmerman pointed gun at her
Monday - 11/18/2013, 5:38pm EST
SANFORD, Fla. (AP) -- Deputies say George Zimmerman's girlfriend accused him of pointing a shotgun at her during an argument at the home they shared in Florida.
Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma said Monday during a press conference in Sanford that Zimmerman was charged with aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief after the dispute.
Lemma says no one was hurt, and no one else was at the home when deputies arrived.
Deputies say Zimmerman had barricaded himself inside by wedging furniture against the door before officers arrived. His girlfriend, Samantha Scheibe, was outside the home and gave deputies a key to get inside.
Lemma says once deputies got inside, Zimmerman did not resist and was not armed. He says investigators hope to search the home for any weapons.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.