Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Police: Paraguayan leader's son arrested in Fla.
Tuesday - 10/22/2013, 2:52pm EDT
BAL HARBOR, Fla. (AP) -- Police say the son of Paraguay's president was arrested on a charge of misdemeanor battery and later released, accused of punching someone during a party in suburban Miami.
A police report says officers arrested 28-year-old Juan Pablo Cartes Montana early Sunday in Bal Harbour, a ritzy community north of Miami Beach. Cartes, who is studying English in Florida, is the son of Paraguay President Horacio Cartes.
The police report says Cartes argued with a guest, asked the individual to leave a party at his apartment and allegedly punched the guest in the eye as security guards escorted the guest through the lobby.
The younger Cartes was jailed and released on $1,500 bail. He told El Nuevo Herald he was sorry but the fight wasn't his fault. The guest wasn't identified.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.