Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
FBI: Navy Yard gunman had shotgun, got handgun
Tuesday - 9/17/2013, 11:50pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The FBI says Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis had a shotgun when he entered a building and got a handgun inside after he started firing.
Valerie Parlave, head of the FBI's field office in Washington, said Tuesday they don't have any information that he had an AR-15 assault rifle in his possession.
There has been conflicting information about the weapons Alexis used. Previously, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press the gunman had two handguns he took from officers.
Parlave says Alexis arrived in the Washington area late last month and had been staying at local hotels in the days leading up to the shooting rampage that killed 12 people.
D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier says officers with AR-15s arrived at the building within seven minutes of the call.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.