Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
2 soldiers in hospital after Colo. lightning hit
Thursday - 8/1/2013, 6:18pm EDT
FORT CARSON, Colo. (AP) -- Two of the 12 soldiers who were hurt when lightning struck near them during a training exercise in Colorado are still in the hospital.
Officials at Fort Carson said Thursday that one soldier is in serious condition and the other is in stable condition.
The ten other soldiers who were injured when lightning struck at the Army post near Colorado Springs on Wednesday afternoon were released from the hospital later that evening.
The soldiers had been in training but were heading toward shelter when the lightning struck. Medics who were present for the training treated them until emergency responders arrived.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.