Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Famed Katmai brown bears ready for season 2
Monday - 7/15/2013, 3:38pm EDT
KATMAI NATIONAL PARK AND PRESERVE, Alaska (AP) -- The famed brown bears of Alaska's Katmai National Park and Preserve are ready for their close-ups.
Explore.org has again set up live-streaming high-definition webcams from the remote Alaska park, offering people a front row seat at their computer into the lives of the bears.
Park ranger Michael Fitz says Katmai is remote and expensive to reach, meaning few people can ever get to the park.
But the National Park Service's partnership with explore.org is opening up the experience. Eight webcams will offer views of the bears as they catch salmon and try to fatten up before winter.
The bear cams are among the 50 HD wildlife cameras operating from explore.org.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.