Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
A glance at the George W. Bush Presidential Center
Thursday - 4/25/2013, 3:00pm EDT
DALLAS (AP) -- The George W. Bush Presidential Center, which houses Bush's library and museum along with his policy institute, will be dedicated in a ceremony Thursday on the campus of Southern Methodist University. Here are some facts on the center:
-- The about 226,000-square-foot center is located on 23 acres.
-- The grounds include a 15-acre urban park that recreates a Texas prairie.
-- The library and museum holds more than 70 million pages of paper records, 43,000 artifacts, 200 million emails and 4 million digital photographs. It's the largest holding of digital records of any presidential library.
-- The 14,000-square-foot permanent exhibit in the museum includes parts dedicated to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, Hurricane Katrina, the Florida recount and various other historical events.
-- The Bush library is the 13th presidential library administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. It's the third presidential library in Texas.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.