Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Firefighters gather for Texas plant blast memorial
Thursday - 4/25/2013, 11:02pm EDT
WACO, Texas (AP) -- Firefighters and first responders from all over Texas have gathered in Waco to honor those who died in last week's fertilizer plant explosion in West.
Video messages from family members were played Thursday during a memorial service in Waco, about 90 miles south of Dallas. President Barack Obama, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and thousands of attendees watched relatives of the 10 first responders and two honorary first responders speak about their loved ones.
Perry called the 12 men honored at the memorial service ordinary individuals blessed with extraordinary courage."
At least 14 people died in the April 17 explosion at West Fertilizer.
Family members were escorted into the ceremony on the Baylor University campus. In front were 12 flag-draped caskets. Large photographs were placed in front of each.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.