Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Mark Kelly vows to go on with gun control effort
Thursday - 4/18/2013, 1:11pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The husband of former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords says their gun control advocacy group will target an ad campaign at senators who failed to support expanded background checks for gun buyers.
Following Wednesday's defeat of federal gun legislation, Mark Kelly says the group first will run ads thanking senators who supported expanded background checks. At some point later, ads also will be aimed at those who didn't.
Kelly told a Washington news conference Thursday that the ads will be part of an effort to elect a Congress made up of people who work to protect Americans from gun violence -- and not bow to the National Rifle Association gun lobby.
Kelly started the group Americans for Responsible Solutions with Giffords, who was wounded in a 2011 shooting that killed six.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.