Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama: Israel visit made Easter extra special
Friday - 4/5/2013, 1:42pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama says he felt the spirit of Jesus Christ on a recent visit to Israel, and it made this Easter particularly special for him.
Obama told Christian leaders attending a breakfast in the White House East Room on Friday that the feeling brought him closer to Christ.
He said it was a reminder that while time on Earth is fleeting, Jesus Christ is eternal. He said it also was a reminder that the life and lessons of Jesus Christ live on through everyday actions, such as comforting others.
Obama asked the audience to pray that "we're worthy of his many blessings" and that the country also is worthy of Christ's blessings.
The breakfast continued a tradition that Obama started in 2010.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.