Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Judge frees man convicted of killing NY rabbi
Thursday - 3/21/2013, 3:23pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- A judge has freed a man convicted in the 1990 killing of a Brooklyn rabbi.
David Ranta's murder conviction was vacated on Thursday with the support of prosecutors.
Rabbi Chaskel Werzberger was shot on Feb. 8, 1990, by a man fleeing a botched robbery. Thousands attended the funeral for the Hasidic rabbi.
A recent review by the Brooklyn district attorney's office cast doubt on witness testimony and concluded detectives had mishandled aspects of the investigation.
The 58-year Ranta has been serving time in a Buffalo prison.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.