Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Judge frees man convicted of killing NY rabbi
Thursday - 3/21/2013, 3:23pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- A judge has freed a man convicted in the 1990 killing of a Brooklyn rabbi.
David Ranta's murder conviction was vacated on Thursday with the support of prosecutors.
Rabbi Chaskel Werzberger was shot on Feb. 8, 1990, by a man fleeing a botched robbery. Thousands attended the funeral for the Hasidic rabbi.
A recent review by the Brooklyn district attorney's office cast doubt on witness testimony and concluded detectives had mishandled aspects of the investigation.
The 58-year Ranta has been serving time in a Buffalo prison.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.