Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
PA abortion clinic worker describes cutting babies
Wednesday - 3/20/2013, 3:40am EDT
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- A jury weighing murder charges against a Philadelphia abortion provider is hearing about unorthodox procedures used on clinic patients.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell is charged in the deaths of a patient and seven babies. He faces the death penalty if convicted of killing babies born alive.
A patient who had a 2008 abortion at the clinic told jurors Tuesday that she ended up in a hospital for two weeks with an infection and blood clot.
And a medical assistant admitted that she cut the necks of the aborted babies. She says Gosnell taught her to do that to "ensure fetal demise."
Gosnell's lawyer says the 72-year-old doctor served poor women and others seeking second-term abortions, even if it wasn't "the Mayo Clinic."
The trial resumes Wednesday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.