Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Sanford advances to GOP runoff in House race in SC
Tuesday - 3/19/2013, 10:33pm EDT
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) -- Former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford has advanced to a runoff in the Republican contest for an open congressional seat along the state's south coast.
Meanwhile, the sister of comedian Stephen Colbert (kohl-BEHR') has won the Democratic primary for the seat. Elizabeth Colbert Busch on Tuesday handily defeated perennial candidate Ben Frasier and will face the winner of the crowded GOP primary in the May 7 general election.
In early returns on Tuesday evening, it was unclear who Sanford would face in the April 2nd GOP runoff. Fifteen other Republicans were running. They include Teddy Turner, the son of media mogul Ted Turner.
Tuesday was Sanford's first political race since disappearing while governor in 2009 and then returning to admit an affair with an Argentine woman. They are now engaged.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.