Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Chicago police expect arrests in baby's killing
Tuesday - 3/19/2013, 2:53am EDT
CHICAGO (AP) -- A 6-month-old baby who was killed when a gunman fired at minivan in Chicago was on her father's lap at the time, Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said Monday.
The father, Jonathon Watkins, was seriously wounded when the shooter approached the vehicle and fired. McCarthy said that Jonylah Watkins was sitting in his dad's lap in the driver's seat -- a change from previous reports that Watkins was changing the baby's diaper at the time.
McCarthy also said the baby was shot once, not several times as previously reported.
"We are going to close this case, there's no doubt in my mind," said McCarthy.
McCarthy previously described the 28-year-old Watkins as a gang member with a long criminal history.
"At this point there's a lot more he can help us with, but (he) is cooperating with the investigation," McCarthy said.
McCarthy has said police have surveillance video that shows the van they believe was the getaway vehicle. And he said Investigators were trying to verify the existence of an alleged Facebook post threatening Watkins.
McCarthy also corrected previous reports that Jonylah's mother, Judy Watkins, was shot in the knee while pregnant with the girl. McCarthy says Watkins' wife was not shot.
Services for Jonylah are to be held Tuesday at a church in the Woodlawn neighborhood on Chicago's South Side where the shooting occurred. A local funeral home is paying for the services.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.