Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Wis. man convicted of neglect in daughter's case
Saturday - 3/16/2013, 5:10pm EDT
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A Wisconsin man accused of starving and torturing his teenage daughter has been convicted of child neglect.
But jurors couldn't reach a verdict Friday night on the four other felonies against the 41-year-old Madison man.
The Associated Press isn't naming him to avoid identifying the girl, who says she was sexually assaulted by her stepbrother. He's been charged separately.
The now-16-year-old girl says her father kept her locked in the basement and subjected her to years of physical abuse. She weighed 68 pounds when she fled the family's home last year.
Her father's attorneys say the girl had mental health issues and chose not to eat.
Jurors deliberated for more than 18 hours. One said it was "a very tough case for all of us to even sit through."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.