Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Cop hospitalized after prisoner escape is released
Saturday - 2/16/2013, 6:30pm EST
GRAPEVINE, Texas (AP) -- A Dallas hospital spokeswoman says a Florida detective wounded by a prisoner who was escaping has been released by doctors.
April Foran with Parkland Memorial Hospital says Miami-Dade Detective Jaime Pardinas was released Saturday morning. She would not comment on Pardinas' health status.
Police say Pardinas suffered deep stab wounds to the neck, shoulder and back and a collapsed lung Monday when prisoner Alberto Morales stabbed him using a sharp piece from a pair of eyeglasses.
Pardinas and another detective were transporting Morales from Miami to Nevada to serve a 30-year-to-life sentence for sexual assault.
They had stopped near a Wal-Mart store in Grapevine, Texas, to wait for a third officer to join them.
Morales escaped and was fatally shot early Saturday when he resisted arrest after a five-day manhunt.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.