Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Cop hospitalized after prisoner escape is released
Saturday - 2/16/2013, 6:30pm EST
GRAPEVINE, Texas (AP) -- A Dallas hospital spokeswoman says a Florida detective wounded by a prisoner who was escaping has been released by doctors.
April Foran with Parkland Memorial Hospital says Miami-Dade Detective Jaime Pardinas was released Saturday morning. She would not comment on Pardinas' health status.
Police say Pardinas suffered deep stab wounds to the neck, shoulder and back and a collapsed lung Monday when prisoner Alberto Morales stabbed him using a sharp piece from a pair of eyeglasses.
Pardinas and another detective were transporting Morales from Miami to Nevada to serve a 30-year-to-life sentence for sexual assault.
They had stopped near a Wal-Mart store in Grapevine, Texas, to wait for a third officer to join them.
Morales escaped and was fatally shot early Saturday when he resisted arrest after a five-day manhunt.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.