Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Cop hospitalized after prisoner escape is released
Saturday - 2/16/2013, 6:30pm EST
GRAPEVINE, Texas (AP) -- A Dallas hospital spokeswoman says a Florida detective wounded by a prisoner who was escaping has been released by doctors.
April Foran with Parkland Memorial Hospital says Miami-Dade Detective Jaime Pardinas was released Saturday morning. She would not comment on Pardinas' health status.
Police say Pardinas suffered deep stab wounds to the neck, shoulder and back and a collapsed lung Monday when prisoner Alberto Morales stabbed him using a sharp piece from a pair of eyeglasses.
Pardinas and another detective were transporting Morales from Miami to Nevada to serve a 30-year-to-life sentence for sexual assault.
They had stopped near a Wal-Mart store in Grapevine, Texas, to wait for a third officer to join them.
Morales escaped and was fatally shot early Saturday when he resisted arrest after a five-day manhunt.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.