Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Police: Child, 10, killed in random Minn. Shooting
Tuesday - 2/12/2013, 4:40am EST
OAKDALE, Minn. (AP) -- A gunman apparently firing randomly at vehicles killed a 10-year-old and wounded the child's mother and another woman Monday night, Oakdale's police chief said. The suspect was in custody.
Several bursts of gunfire erupted about 6:10 p.m. near a Rainbow Foods store in the eastern Twin Cities suburb, KMSP-TV reported.
The gunman fired at a car carrying the 10-year-old and the child's mother, Oakdale Police Chief Bill Sullivan said. The child died and the mother was wounded in the arm, said Sullivan, who would not say whether the child was a boy or a girl.
A woman in another car was struck and wounded in the hand, Sullivan said. Both women are expected to recover, he said.
"It appears to be entirely random," Sullivan told The Associated Press. "At this time it appears he was randomly shooting at vehicles."
A 33-year-old man was in custody and was being questioned by investigators, Sullivan said. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported the man lives in the neighborhood.
Authorities believe there are no other suspects and there is no danger to the public, Sullivan said.
"It's sick," Oakdale Mayor Carmen Sarrack told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune on Monday night. "What can you say when a 9-year-old or 10-year-old is killed? ... People are devastated that this could happen in our city."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.