Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
1 dead as truck crashes, dangles over I-95 in Fla
Wednesday - 2/6/2013, 12:58pm EST
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) -- Rescue crews used an elevated ladder to reach a bakery truck dangling precariously over the edge of an elevated overpass ramp after a fatal crash.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue spokesman Matt Little says one passenger died when the truck crashed early Wednesday on the ramp leading from a state road to Interstate 95.
The truck, bearing a sign for a Miami bakery, came to rest halfway off the ramp with its front end crumpled into a pillar. Rescue crews worked for hours to remove the passenger. A crane later pulled the truck off the side of ramp.
The driver, whose condition wasn't immediately known, was taken to a hospital.
The crash backed up traffic on both routes during the morning rush hour.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.