Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Police release 911 call with sister of vet
Tuesday - 2/5/2013, 5:52pm EST
MIDLOTHIAN, Texas (AP) -- The sister of the Iraq War veteran charged with killing a former Navy SEAL sniper and his friend told a North Texas 911 operator that her brother was "psychotic."
Midlothian police released the 911 call Tuesday. In it, Eddie Ray Routh's sister says her brother came to her house and told her that he killed two people at a shooting range. The woman says she's scared Routh may return to her house.
Routh is charged with gunning down former Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle and his friend Chad Littlefield at a gun range Saturday.
Routh's brother-in-law told the 911 operator that Routh was recently diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and was released from a mental hospital about a week ago.
Routh is jailed in Erath County on $3 million bail.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.