Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Texas shooting suspect was Iraq war veteran
Sunday - 2/3/2013, 4:10pm EST
GLEN ROSE, Texas (AP) - The 25-year-old man charged with murdering former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and his friend at a Texas gun range was an Iraq war veteran.
The U.S. military confirmed Sunday that Eddie Ray Routh was in the Marines from 2006 to 2010. He was deployed to Iraq in 2007. His current duty status is listed as reserve.
Routh is charged with two counts of capital murder. He's accused of killing 38-year-old Kyle and 35-year-old Chad Littlefield at the Rough Creek Lodge shooting range Saturday evening.
Officer Kyle Roberts at the Erath County Jail said Routh is being held on $3 million bond. Roberts did not have information on information on whether Routh had a lawyer. No one answered the door at Routh's home.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)