Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
A rare, legitimate Madoff investment goes public
Saturday - 2/2/2013, 1:03pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Jailed Wall Street fraudster Bernie Madoff may have finally picked a legitimate winner.
A biopharmaceutical company partly owned by the Madoff family had an initial public offering Tuesday that sold $33 million worth of stock.
The New York Post reports ( http://bit.ly/WJWUPi) that Madoff's initial $2.2 million investment in the company, Stemline Therapeutics, is now worth $5.5 million on paper.
But the scammer might not be able to keep the money.
The trustee overseeing efforts to untangle Madoff's Ponzi scheme says the family's shares rightfully belong to his defrauded clients.
He has filed a lawsuit seeking to seize those shares on behalf of fraud victims.
Madoff is expected to spend the rest of his life in prison.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)