Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Bob Kerrey quits as president of New School in NYC
Saturday - 2/2/2013, 10:19am EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Former U.S. Sen. Bob Kerrey has stepped down as president emeritus of the New School, a university in New York City.
The Nebraska Democrat had led the school for nine years after serving in the senate for two terms.
Kerrey recently agreed to become executive chairman of the San Francisco-based Minerva Institute for Research and Scholarship.
The New York Times reports ( http://nyti.ms/YrtHYF) that Kerrey initially planned to stay on at the New School and felt he could do both jobs at once, but the school announced he had resigned Friday.
The university had been paying him $602,000 per year. He will remain a consultant to the school through the end of the academic year.
Information from: The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)