Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Former Naval Academy teacher to be court-martialed
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 11:26am EST
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - The superintendent of the U.S. Naval Academy has referred the case of a former teacher accused of sexually assaulting a student to general court-martial.
The academy on Thursday announced the court-martial for Marine Maj. Mark Thompson.
The 43-year-old faces charges of sexual assault and conduct unbecoming an officer. The academy said in a statement that a date for the court martial hasn't been scheduled.
The alleged incidents happened after two female midshipmen attended a croquet match between the academy and St. John's College in 2011 and had been drinking alcohol. One student reported to Navy investigators that she had been assaulted at Thompson's apartment.
An Article 32 hearing, which is the military equivalent of a preliminary hearing or grand jury proceeding, was held Dec. 19 and Jan. 15.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)