Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Man accused of triple homicide at Las Vegas home
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 5:54pm EST
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Police say a Las Vegas man who botched his own suicide after killing three family members will face murder charges.
Las Vegas police said Wednesday that 54-year-old James McCarty remained hospitalized with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head following the Tuesday afternoon shooting at a home in a residential community several miles west of the Las Vegas Strip.
Police say McCarty is expected to survive and will be arrested when he recovers.
Investigators haven't described a motive for the shootings, and the Clark County coroner hasn't released the names of the man and two women who died.
Police summoned to a report of gunshots found blood on the back patio and bullet holes in a window before SWAT officers entered the house and found McCarty and the others.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)