Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Pastor: Kids 'traumatized' by Ala. bus shooting
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 2:08pm EST
MIDLAND CITY, Ala. (AP) - The pastor of a nearby church helped comfort children who were on a rural Alabama school bus when a gunman killed the driver and took a 6-year-old boy.
Pastor Michael Senn said Wednesday, a day after the shooting, that the kids were "pretty shocked, traumatized."
He says "they saw everything that happened. They saw the man shoot the driver."
Authorities now believe the man is holed up in an underground shelter in a standoff.
Multiple neighbors have said suspect was paranoid and combative.
Senn says children on the street had been warned to stay away from him. He says "they'd go fishing and walk by his place and he'd try to talk to them."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)