Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Pastor: Kids 'traumatized' by Ala. bus shooting
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 2:08pm EST
MIDLAND CITY, Ala. (AP) - The pastor of a nearby church helped comfort children who were on a rural Alabama school bus when a gunman killed the driver and took a 6-year-old boy.
Pastor Michael Senn said Wednesday, a day after the shooting, that the kids were "pretty shocked, traumatized."
He says "they saw everything that happened. They saw the man shoot the driver."
Authorities now believe the man is holed up in an underground shelter in a standoff.
Multiple neighbors have said suspect was paranoid and combative.
Senn says children on the street had been warned to stay away from him. He says "they'd go fishing and walk by his place and he'd try to talk to them."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)