Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Billionaire (not that one) announces NYC mayor bid
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 6:02pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Businessman John Catsimatidis (cat-sih-mah-TEE-dihz) has made it official _ he's in the race to follow fellow billionaire Michael Bloomberg as New York City's mayor.
Catsimatidis announced his candidacy Tuesday. The Republican joins an increasingly crowded field of GOP, Democratic and other candidates seeking to succeed the term-limited, Democrat-turned-Republican-turned independent Bloomberg.
Catsimatidis' family left Greece for the United States when he was an infant. He began his career in the grocery business and branched out into oil, real estate and other areas.
He praises Bloomberg for a city that has attracted businesses and seen crime drop during his 12 years in office. Catsimatidis says New York can't afford to "go in the wrong direction" now.
But he also says he's a Harlem-raised, regular New Yorker, "not a Mike Bloomberg billionaire."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)