Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Cause of death for Pickens' grandson weeks away
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 2:36pm EST
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - Authorities say a determination of the cause of death of the 21-year-old grandson of Texas oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens could take two to four weeks.
Linda Anderson, a spokeswoman for the Tarrant County medical examiner, says an autopsy is being conducted Wednesday on the body of Thomas Boone Pickens IV.
The grandson, known as Ty, was enrolled as a junior at Texas Christian University. Police were dispatched after receiving a report of a dead person at an off-campus location Tuesday morning. Police said Pickens was transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The elder Pickens made much of his fortune in oil drilling but has since become an advocate for alternative energy.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)