Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Cause of death for Pickens' grandson weeks away
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 2:36pm EST
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - Authorities say a determination of the cause of death of the 21-year-old grandson of Texas oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens could take two to four weeks.
Linda Anderson, a spokeswoman for the Tarrant County medical examiner, says an autopsy is being conducted Wednesday on the body of Thomas Boone Pickens IV.
The grandson, known as Ty, was enrolled as a junior at Texas Christian University. Police were dispatched after receiving a report of a dead person at an off-campus location Tuesday morning. Police said Pickens was transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The elder Pickens made much of his fortune in oil drilling but has since become an advocate for alternative energy.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)