Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Mom gets 15 years in autistic son's tub drowning
Monday - 1/28/2013, 9:51pm EST
SAN DIEGO (AP) - A San Diego mother has been sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for drowning her 4-year-old autistic son in a bathtub.
U-T San Diego ( http://bit.ly/11794Wg) says 37-year-old Patricia Corby received the sentence Monday, about a month after giving a tearful guilty plea to murder.
Several distraught relatives spoke to Corby before the sentencing, including the boy's father Duane Corby who called her "a loathsome person." After several angry family comments she moaned "stop, stop."
On March 31, Corby drove to a police station and told authorities she had killed her son, Daniel, by filling a bathtub and holding the boy under water until he died. His still-wet body was wrapped in a blanket in her back seat.
She later told an investigator that her entire life was dedicated to caring for her son.
Information from: U-T San Diego, http://www.utsandiego.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)