Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Mom gets 15 years in autistic son's tub drowning
Monday - 1/28/2013, 9:51pm EST
SAN DIEGO (AP) - A San Diego mother has been sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for drowning her 4-year-old autistic son in a bathtub.
U-T San Diego ( http://bit.ly/11794Wg) says 37-year-old Patricia Corby received the sentence Monday, about a month after giving a tearful guilty plea to murder.
Several distraught relatives spoke to Corby before the sentencing, including the boy's father Duane Corby who called her "a loathsome person." After several angry family comments she moaned "stop, stop."
On March 31, Corby drove to a police station and told authorities she had killed her son, Daniel, by filling a bathtub and holding the boy under water until he died. His still-wet body was wrapped in a blanket in her back seat.
She later told an investigator that her entire life was dedicated to caring for her son.
Information from: U-T San Diego, http://www.utsandiego.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)