Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
University of Ga. provost sole president finalist
Monday - 1/28/2013, 2:49pm EST
ATLANTA (AP) - State officials have announced that University of Georgia provost Jere Morehead has been named the sole finalist for university president.
University System of Georgia officials made the announcement Monday. They say the state Board of Regents will make a final decision on selecting a president for UGA at a future meeting.
Current President Michael Adams is set to retire at the end of June.
In a release, officials say Morehead previously served at UGA as vice president for instruction, vice provost for academic affairs, director of the honors program and acting director of legal affairs.
Morehead is a 1980 graduate of the University of Georgia School of Law. He has held a faculty appointment in the Terry College of Business, and serves on numerous state educational boards.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)