Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Ono, Steinem join online campaign to empower women
Sunday - 1/27/2013, 10:55pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - The artist, the feminist and the model are joining others worldwide to empower women in the marketplace through ethically-themed fashion.
The campaign, called ImagiNation 365, is led by Maiden Nation, an online social platform.
Yoko Ono, Gloria Steinem and Lauren Bush contributed by designing pieces of jewelry that express their vision.
Other designers live in countries including Poland, Afghanistan, India, Argentina and South Africa. Four are teenagers from Grand Rapids, Mich.
Proceeds from the sales goes to causes chosen by the designers, such as helping Japanese girls after the 2011 nuclear meltdown or job training in Haiti.
Maiden Nation: http://www.maidennation.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)