Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Aging America: Elder abuse can take many forms
Sunday - 1/27/2013, 9:56am EST
(AP) - As many as 2 million older Americans are abused in various ways each year, experts estimate. The majority of cases are at the hands of relatives or other caregivers. Some of the forms, besides physical assault, that elder abuse can take:
_ Inappropriate use of drugs and physical restraints.
_ Treating the elderly person like a small child.
_ Failure to provide sufficient food, clothing, shelter, personal hygiene, medication, comfort or safety.
_ Isolating the person from friends, family, other social activities.
_ Deserting the person.
_ Misusing the person's funds, property and assets.
Source: New York City mayor's office on domestic violence
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)