Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
67 dead cats and 99 live cats taken from NY home
Saturday - 1/26/2013, 1:53pm EST
WRIGHT, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities say 67 dead cats and 99 living cats had to be removed from a filthy home in upstate New York.
Officials removed the cats from a home in Wright, near Albany, on Wednesday night.
The Times Union of Albany ( http://bit.ly/WcrFvU) reports the dead cats were packed in plastic bags in the freezer and the live cats were in crates stacked floor to ceiling.
Sheriff's deputies went to the home after a neighbor called to complain about the overpowering odor of cat urine and feces.
Charges are being weighed against the cats' owner.
The manager of the animal shelter that took in the cats said she previously tried to try to help the woman. But she said the woman had "a hoarder mentality."
Information from: Times Union, http://www.timesunion.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)