Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
67 dead cats and 99 live cats taken from NY home
Saturday - 1/26/2013, 1:53pm EST
WRIGHT, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities say 67 dead cats and 99 living cats had to be removed from a filthy home in upstate New York.
Officials removed the cats from a home in Wright, near Albany, on Wednesday night.
The Times Union of Albany ( http://bit.ly/WcrFvU) reports the dead cats were packed in plastic bags in the freezer and the live cats were in crates stacked floor to ceiling.
Sheriff's deputies went to the home after a neighbor called to complain about the overpowering odor of cat urine and feces.
Charges are being weighed against the cats' owner.
The manager of the animal shelter that took in the cats said she previously tried to try to help the woman. But she said the woman had "a hoarder mentality."
Information from: Times Union, http://www.timesunion.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)