Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Beaverton, Ore., man begging for kidney donor
Tuesday - 1/22/2013, 9:26am EST
BEAVERTON, Ore. (AP) - A man begging along the side of a road in Beaverton isn't asking for spare change.
Earl Martinez is holding a sign that reads, "Need Kidney Donor."
The 28-year-old told KOIN ( http://bit.ly/WT53gE) he was born with a genetic kidney disease that rules out family members as donors. He has been on dialysis for 18 months and been waiting more than a year for a transplant.
Martinez says his insurance will cover all medical costs.
Information from: KOIN-TV, http://www.koin.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)