Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Beaverton, Ore., man begging for kidney donor
Tuesday - 1/22/2013, 9:26am EST
BEAVERTON, Ore. (AP) - A man begging along the side of a road in Beaverton isn't asking for spare change.
Earl Martinez is holding a sign that reads, "Need Kidney Donor."
The 28-year-old told KOIN ( http://bit.ly/WT53gE) he was born with a genetic kidney disease that rules out family members as donors. He has been on dialysis for 18 months and been waiting more than a year for a transplant.
Martinez says his insurance will cover all medical costs.
Information from: KOIN-TV, http://www.koin.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)