Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Man drives through gate at Alaska military base
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 6:46pm EST
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Authorities in Alaska are looking for the driver of a pickup truck who drove through a gate at a military base and led security forces on a high-speed chase.
Officials at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson say the 1994 GMC Sierra went through the Boniface Gate around midnight Friday.
Security forces shot at the truck to try to disable it, but the male driver avoided the gunfire and left the base through the same gate, escaping arrest. The gate was closed for seven hours after the chase.
Base officials are working with Alaska State Troopers and Anchorage police to find the driver.
No other details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)