Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Man drives through gate at Alaska military base
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 6:46pm EST
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Authorities in Alaska are looking for the driver of a pickup truck who drove through a gate at a military base and led security forces on a high-speed chase.
Officials at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson say the 1994 GMC Sierra went through the Boniface Gate around midnight Friday.
Security forces shot at the truck to try to disable it, but the male driver avoided the gunfire and left the base through the same gate, escaping arrest. The gate was closed for seven hours after the chase.
Base officials are working with Alaska State Troopers and Anchorage police to find the driver.
No other details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)