Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Charge: Ind. jailer coaxed female inmates to strip
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 1:23pm EST
MARTINSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - A central Indiana jail officer has been charged with coaxing female inmates into stripping for him in return for favors.
Morgan County jail officer Nicholas Tankersley, 21, of Martinsville, was formally charged Thursday with sexual battery, official misconduct, theft and battery. The Reporter-Times reported ( http://www.reporter-times.com/) Tankersley has been fired.
The Associated Press' phone call to the jail went unanswered Saturday. Tankersley's number was unlisted.
About a dozen women claimed, according to a probable cause affidavit, Tankersley told them he would provide them with extra sheets, oranges, ink pens or other items _ in violation of jail rules _ if they exposed their breasts or stripped in front of him.
Two female inmates told investigators that Tankersley had them perform a sex show for him, the affidavit said. Another female inmate said Tankersley touched her breast while she lay on her bunk.
Tankersley asked for a public defender at a hearing Thursday, but it was not clear if one had been appointed.
Morgan County Sheriff's Department Detective Sgt. Larry Sanders said in the affidavit that Tankersley admitted to most of the acts, which allegedly occurred between Nov. 15 and Jan. 11 during the midnight to 8 a.m. shift.
Tankersley also reportedly told police he has friended some former female inmates on Facebook, but his wife has asked him to unfriend them.
Information from: The (Martinsville, Ind.) Reporter-Times, http://www.reporter-times.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)