Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Charge: Ind. jailer coaxed female inmates to strip
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 1:23pm EST
MARTINSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - A central Indiana jail officer has been charged with coaxing female inmates into stripping for him in return for favors.
Morgan County jail officer Nicholas Tankersley, 21, of Martinsville, was formally charged Thursday with sexual battery, official misconduct, theft and battery. The Reporter-Times reported ( http://www.reporter-times.com/) Tankersley has been fired.
The Associated Press' phone call to the jail went unanswered Saturday. Tankersley's number was unlisted.
About a dozen women claimed, according to a probable cause affidavit, Tankersley told them he would provide them with extra sheets, oranges, ink pens or other items _ in violation of jail rules _ if they exposed their breasts or stripped in front of him.
Two female inmates told investigators that Tankersley had them perform a sex show for him, the affidavit said. Another female inmate said Tankersley touched her breast while she lay on her bunk.
Tankersley asked for a public defender at a hearing Thursday, but it was not clear if one had been appointed.
Morgan County Sheriff's Department Detective Sgt. Larry Sanders said in the affidavit that Tankersley admitted to most of the acts, which allegedly occurred between Nov. 15 and Jan. 11 during the midnight to 8 a.m. shift.
Tankersley also reportedly told police he has friended some former female inmates on Facebook, but his wife has asked him to unfriend them.
Information from: The (Martinsville, Ind.) Reporter-Times, http://www.reporter-times.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)