Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Man, 3 children die in central Florida wreck
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 10:42am EST
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - Florida authorities say that a man and three children have been killed in a wreck northwest of Orlando.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the accident occurred Friday night on SR 33 in Lake County. Police said in a news release that "for an unknown reason" 41-year-old Wilfredo Malave lost control of his 2009 Mercedes, which struck several trees and a pole before hitting another tree and coming to a rest.
The father and his 9-year-old son Zion were pronounced dead at the scene; a 7-year-old boy and a 2-year-old girl died at Southlake Hospital.
The driver and the children were wearing seatbelts or child restraints.
Authorities are investigating the crash and whether alcohol was involved.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)