Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Man, 3 children die in central Florida wreck
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 10:42am EST
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - Florida authorities say that a man and three children have been killed in a wreck northwest of Orlando.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the accident occurred Friday night on SR 33 in Lake County. Police said in a news release that "for an unknown reason" 41-year-old Wilfredo Malave lost control of his 2009 Mercedes, which struck several trees and a pole before hitting another tree and coming to a rest.
The father and his 9-year-old son Zion were pronounced dead at the scene; a 7-year-old boy and a 2-year-old girl died at Southlake Hospital.
The driver and the children were wearing seatbelts or child restraints.
Authorities are investigating the crash and whether alcohol was involved.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)