Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Pa. girl back to class after bubble gun suspension
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 7:24am EST
MOUNT CARMEL, Pa. (AP) - A 5-year-old kindergartner is headed back to class in central Pennsylvania after being suspended for comments she made to another girl about a pink toy gun that blows soapy bubbles
Officials say the girl, whose name has not been released, told one of her classmates in the Mount Carmel Area School District she was going to shoot her with a Hello Kitty pink bubble gun machine earlier this month. She was later suspended 10 days, but the discipline was reduced to two.
The Patriot-News reports ( http://bit.ly/XUtwTK) Robin Ficker, an attorney representing the family, says the girl will return to class at Mount Carmel Elementary School on Thursday.
Ficker has said the girl didn't even have the bubble gun with her and has never fired a real gun.
Information from: The Patriot-News, http://www.pennlive.com/patriotnews
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)