Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Chicago man accused of spitting on agent
Sunday - 1/13/2013, 9:26pm EST
CHICAGO (AP) - A Chicago man has been charged with spitting on a Secret Service agent who was guarding President Barack Obama's home last month.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports ( http://bit.ly/VEHgVT) that Kevin Lawrence is accused of spitting into the agent's vehicle on Dec. 29 outside the Chicago home, hitting the agent in the face and neck. He's charged with aggravated battery of a peace officer.
The 46-year-old Lawrence is jailed on $50,000 bail. Cook County Jail records show he was booked Sunday. The records don't list an attorney for him.
His next court date is Friday.
Information from: Chicago Sun-Times, http://www.suntimes.com/index
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)