Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
ADM restarts Illinois plant after explosion
Friday - 1/11/2013, 2:44pm EST
PEORIA, Ill. (AP) - Archer Daniels Midland has restarted operations at a corn processing plant Illinois two days after an explosion forced the facility's closure.
ADM spokeswoman Jackie Anderson said Friday that the company plans to be back at full production in Peoria by Saturday.
Decatur-based ADM shut down production at the plant before dawn Wednesday after the explosion and a fire that followed. No one was seriously injured.
Firefighters said they found an open natural gas line in the ethanol distillery that was feeding the fire. But fire officials say the cause of the fire hasn't yet been determined.
The damage was estimated at more than $1 million.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)