Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
ADM restarts Illinois plant after explosion
Friday - 1/11/2013, 2:44pm EST
PEORIA, Ill. (AP) - Archer Daniels Midland has restarted operations at a corn processing plant Illinois two days after an explosion forced the facility's closure.
ADM spokeswoman Jackie Anderson said Friday that the company plans to be back at full production in Peoria by Saturday.
Decatur-based ADM shut down production at the plant before dawn Wednesday after the explosion and a fire that followed. No one was seriously injured.
Firefighters said they found an open natural gas line in the ethanol distillery that was feeding the fire. But fire officials say the cause of the fire hasn't yet been determined.
The damage was estimated at more than $1 million.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)