Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Ford's US sales up 2 percent in December
Thursday - 1/3/2013, 9:44am EST
DETROIT (AP) - Ford Motor Co. says its U.S. sales rose 2 percent in December, as strong sales of small cars made up for weak truck sales.
Sales of the Focus small car rose 58 percent from last December, while the Fiesta subcompact was up 53 percent. F-Series pickup truck sales were flat compared with last December. Sales of the new Ford Escape small SUV, which has been hit with several recalls, fell 21 percent.
Ford's U.S. sales were up 5 percent overall this year. Truck sales rose just 2 percent, but Ford saw higher increases for cars and SUVs like the Ford Explorer.
Sales of Ford's luxury Lincoln brand fell 4 percent as the company began a multi-year makeover of the brand.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)