Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Open house being held for Sandy Hook students
Wednesday - 1/2/2013, 6:28am EST
MONROE, Conn. (AP) - An open house is being held at a repurposed school for students who attended Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown.
The open house is scheduled for Wednesday at a former middle school building in nearby Monroe. Workers and teachers have been getting the space ready, painting, moving furniture and recreating classroom spaces.
Some families have already visited the school ahead of the start of classes on Thursday. The children have not attended school since a gunman killed 20 of their classmates and six adults in a Dec. 14 rampage.
Counselors say it's important for children to get back to a normal routine and for teachers and parents to offer sensitive reassurances.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)