Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Open house being held for Sandy Hook students
Wednesday - 1/2/2013, 6:28am EST
MONROE, Conn. (AP) - An open house is being held at a repurposed school for students who attended Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown.
The open house is scheduled for Wednesday at a former middle school building in nearby Monroe. Workers and teachers have been getting the space ready, painting, moving furniture and recreating classroom spaces.
Some families have already visited the school ahead of the start of classes on Thursday. The children have not attended school since a gunman killed 20 of their classmates and six adults in a Dec. 14 rampage.
Counselors say it's important for children to get back to a normal routine and for teachers and parents to offer sensitive reassurances.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)