Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Suspect arrested in fatal Sacramento bar shooting
Tuesday - 1/1/2013, 12:33pm EST
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - A suspect is under arrest in connection with a New Year's Eve shooting at a bar in the Old Sacramento area that killed two people, police said Tuesday.
The 22-year-old was among three people wounded Monday evening after a shooting that occurred as people gathered to watch fireworks to celebrate the New Year, authorities said.
The suspect's injuries and those to a security guard and a 30-year-old woman are not life threatening.
Police say it started as an argument inside the bar at about 9:38 p.m. that escalated and became a physical confrontation. When an employee tried to break up the fight, he was shot, as were the woman and another man.
That man, 35, and the employee, who was in his 20s, died at the scene after suffering multiple gunshot wounds.
Authorities say an armed guard near a side door at the bar heard the gunshots and got into a gunfight with the suspect and both were wounded.
The armed suspect ran out of the bar toward a street crowded with holiday revelers but was caught quickly by officers chasing him, police said.
Police are not identifying the suspect because of the ongoing investigation.
Afterward, police canceled the midnight fireworks show that was expected to draw as many as 40,000 people.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)