Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Mother of 2, grandmother die in crash; man charged
Saturday - 12/29/2012, 5:58pm EST
MATTHEWS, N.C. (AP) - A North Carolina man whom authorities say caused an alcohol-related wreck that killed a mother of two and the children's grandmother outside Charlotte has been charged with involuntary manslaughter and felony death by vehicle, police said Saturday.
Police say 28-year-old Justin Jones was arrested Saturday afternoon on the new charges after he was released from the hospital.
Jones was charged with driving while intoxicated after a wreck in Matthews, a Charlotte suburb, on Wednesday night. Authorities say he was driving an SUV and hit a Honda CRV, killing 62-year-old Marie Crook and her daughter, 37-year-old Jennifer Hunt.
Hunt's two children were treated for minor injuries at an area hospital.
It wasn't known if Jones had an attorney. He is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 1.
The Charlotte Observer reports that Jones was charged with DWI in 2010 in Union County but the case was dismissed without leave the following year after an officer was unavailable to appear in court.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)