Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
2 teens, 12-year-old charged in Durham slaying
Saturday - 12/29/2012, 5:02pm EST
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) - Two teenagers and a 12-year-old girl have been charged in the shooting death of a North Carolina man during a carjacking.
Investigators say the three approached 35-year-old Johnny Danilo Villatoro of Durham on Friday night and asked him for a ride before carjacking and shooting him. Authorities found Villatoro lying in the street, and he later died at a hospital.
Police say the 12-year-old suspect accidentally shot herself in the stomach and leg while inside Villatoro's car. She was being treated for non-life-threatening injuries and was expected to survive.
Authorities say the 12-year-old and two other suspects, ages 14 and 16, are being charged with murder. It wasn't known if any of them had attorneys or when they would appear in court.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)