Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
2 teens, 12-year-old charged in Durham slaying
Saturday - 12/29/2012, 5:02pm EST
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) - Two teenagers and a 12-year-old girl have been charged in the shooting death of a North Carolina man during a carjacking.
Investigators say the three approached 35-year-old Johnny Danilo Villatoro of Durham on Friday night and asked him for a ride before carjacking and shooting him. Authorities found Villatoro lying in the street, and he later died at a hospital.
Police say the 12-year-old suspect accidentally shot herself in the stomach and leg while inside Villatoro's car. She was being treated for non-life-threatening injuries and was expected to survive.
Authorities say the 12-year-old and two other suspects, ages 14 and 16, are being charged with murder. It wasn't known if any of them had attorneys or when they would appear in court.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)