Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Arrest made after 2 killed at Alabama club
Saturday - 12/22/2012, 1:19pm EST
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) - Police have arrested a suspect in the shooting deaths of two people overnight at a nightclub near Birmingham, Ala.
Hoover police Capt. James Coker said U.S. marshals made an arrest at 7 a.m., seven hours after the shooting inside Martini's Lounge in Hoover, Ala. The suspect has not yet been charged. Coker said the suspect is male but did not release his name.
The victims are a 19-year-old man, Monterio Alonzo Peebles-Kellogg and a 20-year-old woman, Lakenya Chaniese Moton. Both lived in Birmingham. They were declared dead at the scene.
A third victim was treated at UAB Trauma Center and released after gunshot injuries that were not life-threatening. Coker didn't give the person's identity.
Coker said the circumstances are still under investigation.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)